Is the Coronavirus something to be avoided under any circumstances? Yes. Will you feel miserable and awful if, somehow, you get it? Possibly. But, the biggest takeaway is: “Be concerned and take it seriously. But don’t panic.”
About 80% of cases are mild to moderate - some people don’t even know they have it.
- Aged 60 and above.
-Underlying medical conditions such as
- cardiovascular disease
- chronic respiratory disease
- high blood pressure
- Men (their fatality rate is higher than women)
How long does COVID-19 last?
From the day you are infected, it can take from one to fourteen days before displaying symptoms.
Once you are infected, it may take from 2-6 weeks to recover fully, depending on severity.
What to do if you come down with COVID-19
The CDC recommends the following steps. Check here for further details:
- Stay home except to get medical care
- Call ahead before visiting your doctor
- Separate yourself from other people and animals in your home
- Wear a facemark
- Cover your coughs and sneezes
- Avoid sharing personal household items
- Clean your hands often
- Monitor your symptoms
Here is the CDC website with more information.
- Fever (83-98%)
- Cough (76-82%)
- Shortness of breath (19%)
According to the CDC, in the United States, there have been:
- Total cases: 938 (confirmed and presumptive positive)
- Total deaths: 29 (approximately 3%)
In Arizona, less than 10 cases have been reported.
- Maricopa County: 3 cases
- Pinal County: 5 cases
- Pima County: 1 case
There are NO known cases in Yavapai County at this time.
- 34,000,000-49,000,000 flu illnesses
- 350,000-620,000 flu hospitalizations
- 20,000-52,000 flu deaths
- 136 children have died from the flu this year
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 30 people a DAY die in drunk driving crashes.
- Marburg Virus in 1967
- Ebola Virus 1976
- Rabies Virus
- HIV Early 1980’s
- SARS-Cov (2002)
- Coronavirus (aka SARS-CoV-2)
Want to know more?
Here are various articles with information you might find interesting.
Women’s Health Magazine: How Long Do Novel Coronavirus Symptoms Last?
Vox: The Vox Guide to Covid-19 Coronavirus
Vox: 11 Questions About the Covid-19 Coronavirus Outbreak, Answered
LiveScience: Why are Children ‘Missing From Coronavirus Outbreak Cases?
MarketWatch: These Nine Companies are Working on Coronavirus Treatments or Vaccines – Here’s Where Things Stand
Make your own hand sanitizer: