It’s the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association, otherwise known as the AOPA, and a lot of their members are flying in to Prescott’s Ernest A. Love Municipal Airport today. Exhibits, displays and demos will be running throughout Saturday (today), so expect lots of activity out at the airport.
The public, which is invited to attend, will probably arrive in land vehicles, however, and that could mean a bit of confusion about where to park. These tips might help:
1. Do not try to park in the regular airport parking you normally go to from MacCurdy. Event parking is not allowed in the main terminal parking lot. Besides, if you do, you’ll have to walk a long way around to get to the AOPA event.
2. Head to the round-about on 89 and Deep Well Ranch Road. Go east on Deep Well Ranch Road, which will curve around and meet up with Ruger Road.
3. Turn left on Ruger Road, heading northeast.
4. When you get to the white sign announcing the Ruger Facilities, turn right. (This is also called Ruger Road.)
5. Follow the signs and instructions to the parking area.
6. Be very careful to only park in designated areas, because otherwise you are likely to be towed.
Remember, this is a working airport. Safety is of primary importance, so follow all instructions to ensure everyone has a great time and nobody's car gets towed.