The Study Session will not be at the normal location, it will be at the Hendrix Auditorium at Mile High Middle School. According to John Heiney, Director of Communications and Public Affairs for the City of Prescott, the venue change is simply to accommodate a crowd that is expected to be larger than usual for Study Sessions.
It’s important to note that this is a bit different than previous meetings regarding this topic, which were initiated by various interested parties. This meeting is an official Prescott City Council Study Session. What does that mean?
All City Meeting rules and policies will be in effect, including:
- City Mayor Greg Mengarelli will preside over the meeting.
- The City Clerk will be there and an official record of the meeting will be created.
- Open meeting laws will be followed.
- Comments will be accepted after presentations are made and Council members have discussed the issue.
- People making comments will need to fill out the blue comment sheet.
- Comments will be accepted on a first come basis.
- Comments will be limited to 3 minutes.
- People exhibiting unruly behavior will be escorted out.
- Weapons are not allowed.
Other additional details you need to know:
- Getting there early is a good idea.
- Prescott Police will be conducting a bag check prior to entry.
- Parking is extremely limited. It is suggested you park in the Granite Street Parking Garage.
- Tour Prescott will be available to shuttle people to the school from the Garage.
- Other school functions will be taking place, so it is asked that attendees are respectful at the school.
- Prescott eNews will be live-streaming the meeting.
Here is a press release from the City of Prescott:
Special Study Session Regarding Arizona Eco Development
Thursday, December 12 from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at Hendrix Auditorium
Tips for those Attending
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
PRESCOTT, AZ (December 10, 2019) – The Prescott City Council will hold a Special Study Session on Thursday, December 12 from 5:30 until 7:30 p.m. at the Hendrix Auditorium at Mile High Middle School at 300 S. Granite. The meeting will include an update on the Arizona Eco Development proposed annexation from Jason Gisi. Public comment will be accepted, with a time limit of three minutes, as time permits. The meeting will end promptly at 7:30 p.m.
If you plan to attend, here are some important points:
• Parking is extremely limited on site. We recommend that visitors use the Granite Street Parking Garage, located at 135 S. Granite.
• There will be other school functions taking place that evening, so we ask that attendees be mindful of these events and activities.
• No weapons allowed.
• Prescott Police will be overseeing a bag check prior to entry.
If you do not plan to attend, there are two ways to watch the meeting:
1. Watch LIVE on Channel 64 or LIVE STREAMING via Prescott Media Center at http://prescottmediacenter.org/
2. Go back to http://prescottmediacenter.org/ anytime to stream the meeting.
For more information about Prescott City Council, go to http://www.prescott-az.gov/city-management/leadership/council/