County Assessor Judd Simmons sits down on the Market Made Easy with the Maxwell Group show to talk about being an Assessor, what the qualifications are and what the job duties require. (Hint: There are a lot of meetings to attend!)
Simmons talks about the need for public outreach and education. He spoke about the question that is typically top of the list: Why is my appraised value different than my assessed value?
A few of the other topics covered include:
- Saving money with tax exemptions
- Comparison of Arizona property tax rates to other states.
- Notices of Value for the year 2020.
- The appeal process, and why the appeals are down.
- How Prop 117 affects your property tax bill.
Simmons also noted that the County Assessor’s website has been revamped and updated.